Nutro treats recalled

Nutro dog treats recalled for potential mold
Apple Chewy dog treats were sold at PetSmart

Mars Petcare has issued a voluntary recall of its Nutro Apple Chewy dog treats due to potential mold.

The product, Nutro Chewy Treats Apple 4 oz., was sold at PetSmart with the SKU 5229600, product UPC 7910511344, and lot codes beginning with ‘4 50’, . . . → Read More: Nutro treats recalled

Cub Size Wilderness Wild Chews Bone Recall

Blue Buffalo Voluntarily Recalls One Lot of Cub Size Wilderness Wild Chews Bones Due to Potential Salmonella Health Risk
FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.

For Immediate Release
November 25, 2015
Contact

Consumers

Bluebuffalo4260@stericycle.com
888-641-9736

Firm Press Release

Product Distributed Since November 19 Through PetSmart Stores in 9 States; No Illnesses Reported
Blue Buffalo Company is voluntarily recalling one production lot of Cub Size Wilderness Wild Chews Bones. This is being done in an abundance of caution, as the product has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.

Salmonella can affect animals eating the product and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.

Continue reading Cub Size Wilderness Wild Chews Bone Recall

Natural Dog Company Recalls Tremenda Sticks

The Natural Dog Company, Inc. Recalls 12″ Tremenda Sticks Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk

Contact:
Consumer:
1-888-424-4602
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – July 20, 2015 – Windsor, CO – The Natural Dog Company, Inc. of Windsor, CO, is recalling its 12oz bags of 12″ Tremenda Sticks pet chews because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella can affect animals eating the product and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.

Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers. Continue reading Natural Dog Company Recalls Tremenda Sticks

Boulder Dog Food Company, Recalls 10 Bags of Chicken Sprinkles

FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.
Boulder Dog Food Company, L.L.C. Voluntarily Recalls Ten Bags of Chicken Sprinkles, 3 oz. With A “Best By” Date of “05/04/16” Due to Possible Salmonella Health Risk
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — June 19, 2015 — Boulder, CO — Boulder Dog Food Company, L.L.C. is voluntarily recalling the Chicken Sprinkles (3 oz.) with a “Best By” date of “05/04/16”, a Lot Number of “998”, and a UPC Code of 899883001231 (the “Product”), because the Product has the potential of being contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella can affect animals eating the Product, and there is risk to humans who handle the Product, especially if the handler does not thoroughly wash his or her hands after having contact with the Product or any surfaces exposed to the Product. Continue reading Boulder Dog Food Company, Recalls 10 Bags of Chicken Sprinkles

J.J. Fuds, Inc. Expands Recall of Pet Food Because of Possible Health Risk

Contact:

Consumer:888-435-5873

Media:
Karl Gottschlich(888) 432-5873
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – February 4, 2015 – Valparaiso, IN – J.J. Fuds in Valparaiso, IN is expanding their recall to include all lots and products of J.J. Fuds Chicken Tender Chunks, Beef Tender Chunks and Duckling Tender Chunks Pet Food because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes and or Salmonella, organisms which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women. Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.

Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.

Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.” Continue reading J.J. Fuds, Inc. Expands Recall of Pet Food Because of Possible Health Risk

Barkworthies® Issues Nationwide Recall of Chicken Vittles Dog Chews

Barkworthies® Issues Nationwide Recall of Chicken Vittles Dog Chews

Contact:
Consumer:
(877) 993-4257
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — December 24, 2014 — Richmond, VA — Barkworthies of Richmond, VA is recalling select lots of Barkworthies Chicken Vittles dog chews because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.

Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.

Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.

The recalled product was distributed nationwide beginning on May 6th, 2014. The product can be identified by the Lot Code printed on the backside of the plastic pouch or on the bottom. This product is being recalled as it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Continue reading Barkworthies® Issues Nationwide Recall of Chicken Vittles Dog Chews