Animal and Veterinary news from the FDA
- Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:52:00 -0700: FDA Announces Implementation of GFI #213, Outlines Continuing Efforts to Address Antimicrobial Resistance - What's New: Animal & Veterinary
Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced that it has completed the implementation of Guidance for Industry #213, a process begun in 2013 to transition medically important antimicrobials used in feed and water of food-producing animals to veterinary oversight and to eliminate the use of these products for production (growth promotion) purposes.
- Fri, 17 Feb 2017 11:26:00 -0700: FDA Approves Diroban, the First Generic Drug to Treat Heartworm Disease in Dogs - What's New: Animal & Veterinary
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced the approval of Diroban (melarsomine dihydrochloride), the first generic drug to treat heartworm disease in dogs.
- Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:01:00 -0700: FDA Cautions Pet Owners and Caretakers Not to Feed Certain Evanger’s or Against the Grain Canned Pet Foods Due to Adulteration with Pentobarbital - What's New: Animal & Veterinary
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is advising pet owners and caretakers not to feed their pets certain lots of Evanger’s canned Hunk of Beef or Against the Grain Grain Free Pulled Beef with Gravy canned dog food after unopened cans from both brands were found to contain pentobarbital, a barbiturate.
- Fri, 10 Feb 2017 08:26:00 -0700: Current Animal Food GRAS Notices Inventory - What's New: Animal & Veterinary
Current inventory of GRAS notices for animal food. This table is provided on an interim basis, until the Animal Food GRAS Notices Inventory database is launched.
- Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:44:00 -0700: Cancer Drug for Dogs (Paccal Vet-CA1 ) No Longer Conditionally Approved - What's New: Animal & Veterinary
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is giving notice that the agency is withdrawing the conditional approval for Paccal Vet-CA1 (paclitaxel for injection) at the request of the drug’s manufacturer, Oasmia Pharmaceutical AB.
- Tue, 07 Feb 2017 09:17:00 -0700: Medicated Feeds - What's New: Animal & Veterinary
- Mon, 06 Feb 2017 04:44:00 -0700: Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) - What's New: Animal & Veterinary
- Fri, 03 Feb 2017 03:59:00 -0700: Food Safety Modernization Act and Animal Feed - What's New: Animal & Veterinary
- Thu, 02 Feb 2017 10:04:00 -0700: Guidances Under Development for 2017 - What's New: Animal & Veterinary
CVM Guidance Documents Under Development(expected to publish as drafts or finals by the end of December)
- Wed, 25 Jan 2017 10:53:00 -0700: Federal Register Notices - What's New: Animal & Veterinary
Federal Register notices issued by the Center for Veterinary Medicine.
Real-time live feed from the FDA for any recalls of dog food or other dog related products, as well as any Animal & Veterinary news from the FDA.
Time is listed in MST, Mountain Standard Time (US and Canada).
MST = GMT – 6:00
For recalls on cat food and products see our sister site WebFeline.com